Another image of Alex W, this one edited in Photoshop with the Orton effect. This is the first time I have tried this on a black and white image. It struck me the other day that applying this effect on a black and white image might approximate some of the work I have been doing with infrared film. It does create some of the softness and the glow of the IR film, but the effect is still somewhat different. In some ways it is more interesting, but not enough for me to put away the IR film just yet.
Saturday, December 08, 2007
Alex Orton
Another image of Alex W, this one edited in Photoshop with the Orton effect. This is the first time I have tried this on a black and white image. It struck me the other day that applying this effect on a black and white image might approximate some of the work I have been doing with infrared film. It does create some of the softness and the glow of the IR film, but the effect is still somewhat different. In some ways it is more interesting, but not enough for me to put away the IR film just yet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
This is an image from several years ago, scanned today and reinterpreted. Originally I printed this in bright reds and blues. This ti...
-
About a decade ago, after a few years of more serious work behind a camera, I was smitten by medium format cameras. If you aren't a ...
-
It is rare that I work in color and rarer still that I post color images to this blog, but as I worked through the raw images from last week...
-
This image of Derek is from the same series of recovered photographs. The harsh overhead light creates brings his physique into sharp focus.
-
I have been working on a series of images framed by the french doors in the back of my house for several years. This image is part of that s...
-
This is another image from the recovered negatives of Derek Russo. The shoot was at a friends house papered with limestone and plate glass. ...
-
This is also from the recovered shoot of Derek Russo. The image has been treated with the Orton effect to blur the focus and then split tone...
-
Another of the recovered images from the shoot with Derek Russo. This one is taken in the shower/tub.
-
These two images are from a shoot last weekend with Kali. Both are shot with IR film in the studio. The first image has been toned.
=))=))=))=))=))=))=))
ReplyDelete