Another image of Alex W, this one edited in Photoshop with the Orton effect. This is the first time I have tried this on a black and white image. It struck me the other day that applying this effect on a black and white image might approximate some of the work I have been doing with infrared film. It does create some of the softness and the glow of the IR film, but the effect is still somewhat different. In some ways it is more interesting, but not enough for me to put away the IR film just yet.
Saturday, December 08, 2007
Alex Orton
Another image of Alex W, this one edited in Photoshop with the Orton effect. This is the first time I have tried this on a black and white image. It struck me the other day that applying this effect on a black and white image might approximate some of the work I have been doing with infrared film. It does create some of the softness and the glow of the IR film, but the effect is still somewhat different. In some ways it is more interesting, but not enough for me to put away the IR film just yet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
I am so happy with this rediscovered image of Damon, from a previous shoot, that I have posted it on my Fine Art America page for sale.
-
This image was created from a black and white photograph of Bryan Cramer and altered in Photoshop to remove all the gray tones. This ...
-
Something different on my blog this week. I want to make those of you who visit this page frequently aware that my website features a ...
-
This week an image from my older work of a model named Chris. The photo shoot was done at a friend's house with a spectacular spa an...
-
The photo to the left is an early digital shot from a shoot this afternoon with Dwain, whom I worked with for the first time today. It ...
-
The spectacular body to the left is Alan Demond, a competitive bodybuilder who found his way into my studio last weekend. I don't need ...
-
This is an image from several years ago, scanned today and reinterpreted. Originally I printed this in bright reds and blues. This ti...
=))=))=))=))=))=))=))
ReplyDelete