Monday, March 26, 2007

Hip-Hop Dance



Still from the same shoot with Alan Demond...
Finding a way to give directions that take the model in a new direction for both of you is one of the most rewarding aspects of this type of photography.
Often you start by asking for one thing and you get something completely different, but it's even more interesting than what you had in mind AND it takes you in a different direction as well.
This shot is an example of that. I asked Alan to try a particular type of posing and noticed that what he was doing was kind of like hip-hop dancing. We worked through dozens of shots like that until I noticed that each pose could be photographed several different ways from several different angles. And if I got really creative I could move in close and slice up his body in many unusual ways. This photo is a perfect example. It's one of my favorites from the whole shoot so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts