Sunday, March 02, 2014

Romeo

This is a recaptured image from a shoot several years ago.

At that time I had thought that most of the images were subpar, not because of the model, but because of my errors as a photographer. As you can see from this image, the shoot was on a sunny day and much of the work placed the model in direct sunlight. I was also working alone, so there was no one to man the reflector and create some fill light in the shadows.

This was exacerbated by errors I made with the digital raw images in Photoshop.

Now years later when I look at the settings in Photoshop Raw I see what I did wrong. Flattening the contrast solved most of the problems, and a healthy use of the Fill Light setting resolved the rest.

I am quite pleased with the results now.

The shoot with Romeo was a trade/test shoot. I only wish I could reach Romeo now to show him the much improved work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Follow by Email